November 7, 2017 City Elections
- News Release - Recruitment of Precinct Election Officials
- News Release - Absentee Ballots
- List of candidates for City Elections
- News Release about City Elections
- News Release about Candidate Withdrawals
- Information for city election candidates (Secretary of State website)
City Election Calendar
August 28 – September 21: Candidate filing period
October 9: Early voting begins. Voters may cast a ballot prior to Election Day by one of the following methods:
- Vote by Mail. Submit an Absentee Ballot Request Form: https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/pdf/absenteeballotapp.pdf
- Send to
- Election Office
- 316 E. 5th St.
- Waterloo, IA 50703-4712
- See below for deadlines.
- Vote at the Election Office, located in Room 210 at the address above. Voting at the Election Office will take place on weekdays through Monday, November 6. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, unless open until 5:00 pm for statutory deadlines (see below).
- Vote at a Satellite Location. There will be one pre-election satellite voting location for the November 7 City Elections. Ballots will be available for all cities in Black hawk County (Cedar Falls, Dunkerton, Elk Run Heights, Evansdale, Gilbertville, Hudson, La Porte City, Raymond and Waterloo). The satellite location will be open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on Wednesday, October 25 at the following location:
- Maucker Union, southeast bay of Coffeehouse
- University of Northern Iowa
- Cedar Falls, IA
October 27: Voter pre-registration deadline, 5:00 pm. Voters may still register after this date using the Election Day registration (EDR) procedure which requires ID and proof of address. Further EDR information at http://www.co.black-hawk.ia.us/DocumentCenter/View/79
November 3: Last day to request mailed ballot, 5:00 pm.
November 6: Last day for in-person early voting at Election Office, until 5:00 pm.
November 6: Mailed ballots must be postmarked by this date or earlier to be considered for counting.
November 7: Election Day. Polls open 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Find your polling place via one of the following:
(The latter is more reliable for mobile devices.)