Cedar Falls School District Special Election, June 25, 2019
The Cedar Falls Community School District will hold a special election on June 25 for two purposes:
- A two-part referendum on a proposed $69.9 million bond issue for a new high school: Proposition A is a vote on the bond issue; Proposition B is a vote on an annual property tax levy exceeding $2.70 per $1000 of valuation, but not exceeding $4.05 per $1000 of valuation, to pay the debt service for the bonds.
- To fill the vacancy on the School Board left by the resignation of Eric Giddens.
Immediately Absentee ballot by mail requests may be sent to Election Office, Room 210, Courthouse, Waterloo, IA 50703. Requests must be in writing and must be signed by the voter requesting the ballot.
May 24, 5:00 pm Deadline for petitions for satellite voting locations. Petitions are filed with the county auditor.
May 31, 5:00 pm Deadline to file nomination petitions for school board vacancy. Petitions are filed with school board secretary.
May 31, 5:00 pm Deadline to withdraw nomination petitions for school board vacancy. Written notice must be filed with the school board secretary.
June 10 Absentee ballots available to be mailed, or to be voted in person at the Election Office. Office will be open for voting weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm until the June 24 deadline.
June 14, 5:00 pm Voter pre-registration deadline. New or moved voters must register by this date to avoid election day registration paperwork.
June 14, 5:00 pm Absentee ballot by mail request deadline. Written request form must be received in the Election Office by this date or ballot will not be mailed to voter.
June 24, 5:00 pm Deadline to vote absentee in person at the Election Office.
June 24 Postmark deadline. Absentee ballot sent by mail that is received after the election must have a legible postmark of June 24 or earlier in order to be counted.
June 25 ELECTION DAY. Polls open 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. Absentee ballots may be hand-delivered to the Election Office before close of polls at 8:00 pm. Voted absentee ballots cannot be delivered to the polling place on election day.
July 2 Canvass by Board of Supervisors, certifying official results of the election.
A news release with similar information to that found on this page may be reached here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Black Hawk County will be utilizing vote centers for this special election. Vote centers are polling locations that combine multiple precincts, allowing voters to choose at which location to vote. This election will have five vote centers, one in each Cedar Falls ward. The locations are listed below. All vote centers will be open from 7AM to 8PM. Any voter in the Cedar Falls School District may vote at any vote center in this election.
CEDAR FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT VOTE CENTERS
- ST. JOHN LUTHERAN CHURCH, 715 College Street (upper level)
- BETHLEHEM LUTHERAN CHURCH, 4000 Hudson Road
- CHURCH OF CHRIST, 2727 W. 4th Street
- CEDAR HEIGHTS COMMUNITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 2015 Rainbow Drive (lower level)
- TRINITY BIBLE CHURCH, 125 Orchard Drive